Share your ideas on how to improve SmartGit!

This is no support platform! To report bugs or request support, please contact us directly. If in doubt ask us.

First search for a similar request and add your votes or comments there.

Take the time to describe your request as precise as possible, so users will understand what you want.

Follow the stackoverflow.com writing guidelines.

Thank you for your help!

Completed

Import/Export custom tools

Alexandre Gambier 6 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 6 years ago 1

It would nice to add Import/Export to the custom tools so it can be easily shared co-workers.

The best would be to select what tools are exported.

Image 187

Log: Indicate about available commits at origin

Gxost 6 years ago updated 6 years ago 2

There should be some indication about available commits if opened repository is marked as favorite

Declined

Appearance settings (fonts, sizes)

Ilya Zlobin 6 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 6 years ago 3

It would be super if user will be able to choose UI options as such as font and its size. It need for customize an interface compactness and presenting more information on one screen.

Completed

Show diff between feature branch and develop branch

burbelgruff 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 7 years ago 1

When we create a new feature branch and make several commits to that branch, we lose track of what changes this branch contains relative to the develop branch. We have to create a pull request (in VSTS) to see the changes between two branches. We want to see this list of changes before we create a pull request.

Implement an equivalent of git check-ignore -v

Pierre Goiffon 7 years ago 0

Sometimes you can't understand why a specific folder/file is ignored... On the CLI the git check-ignore -v is perfect for such use case. Would be nice to have something implemented directly in SmartGit, with a nice output !

Add "Add Branch" to branch RMB menu

james perrin 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 7 years ago 2
Completed

Add per-repository --git-dir option

Sebastian Neuser 7 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 6 years ago 4

Sometimes developers want/need to move the git repository (aka. .git directory) out of the working directory. The CLI provides an option --git-dir=/foo/bar which allows one to specify a custom .git directory location. As far as I understand, this can not be done with SmartGit.

It would be really cool if we could configure this on a per-repository basis.

Offer Downloads without the prebundled additions.

Jezza 7 years ago updated 7 years ago 2

I understand the idea behind shipping known and tested versions, but I also don't want a couple of different versions of the same software on my computer, so would be nice to offer an advance download.

Currently, I have to delete and symlink the folders, but would be nice to just point it at the folders, as I couldn't seem to find where the JRE folder was set in the config.

Add 'fetch' command to toolbar

Dan Gibson 7 years ago 0

I can pull and then select an option to only fetch, but a toolbar button to go straight to fetch would be useful for me.

Also nice would be a way to pull without the dialog that comes up (perhaps only show the dialog when shift is down)?

Completed

Sorting tags in 'Add Tag'

Jacob Dall 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 7 years ago 5

Currently, tags are sorted from a-z, which in our case results in newest version tag being shown last. Please make it possible to change the sort order, maybe also by time when added. Also, it would be nice if tags could be filtered.