I work with multiple repositories where I switch between them multiple times a day. Typically the first thing I want to do when switching to a repository is to check out a particular branch on it. So I usually start scrolling/drilling-into branches to find what I'm looking for. But SmartGit has multiple background tasks it runs when switching to a repository, and after each task completes, it auto-scrolls the branches list make the currently-checked-out branch be at the top of the list.
This gets very frustrating as this is my typical workflow:
1. I open a repository
2. I scroll branches to try to find one
3. SmartGit finishes a task ("Refreshing...") and auto-scrolls branches list
4. I scroll again to try to find one
5. SmartGit finishes another task ("Initializing Subtree-Cache...") and auto-scrolls branches list again.
6. Now it seems done with background tasks and I can scroll again.
It would be great if it only auto-scrolls to the selected branch once, immediately upon opening a repository, and not again multiple times as background tasks complete.
Customer support service by UserEcho