Share your ideas on how to improve SmartGit!

This is no support platform! To report bugs or request support, please contact us directly. If in doubt ask us.

First search for a similar request and add your votes or comments there.

Take the time to describe your request as precise as possible, so users will understand what you want.

Follow the stackoverflow.com writing guidelines.

Thank you for your help!

support/offer git-imerge incremental merge scheme for simplified conflict resolution

ck05 8 years ago 0
git-imerge tries to simplify merge conflict resolution by doing "incremental" merges. It would be great if SmartGit could also offer such a scheme to simplify testing of merge results
Completed

Create "CTRL + Q" key binding

Stephan 8 years ago updated 8 years ago 2

Simple one: I'm used to closing apps with CTRL + Q rather than ALT + F4. Could you please create an alias keybinding to allow this?

Log, Details: add a hyperlink underneath the PR number

Jean-christophe MANCIOT 8 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 8 years ago 0

When reading the log of some public repository like Ansible in this example, all pull requests appear without specific link, just the number & title, so we have to make a search to discover some details about each PR.

My proposal is to- add a hyperlink underneath the PR number to the corresponding PR on the repository web site, even if the PR is closed (see screenshot, whoops, we can't add some).
The call is easy: repository_URL/pull/PR_number, at least for GitHub.

Journal: option to show remote and local commits for an auxiliary branch

Ed_S 8 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 8 years ago 0

In the Journal, it would be nice to be able to show the remote and local commits for an auxiliary branch at the same time. For example develop and origin/develop. This would be really helpful when working on a feature branch.

Remotes context menu: Push to... preselects the selected remote

ck05 8 years ago 0

When the context menu from the "Remotes" list is invoked and "Push to.." is selected, it would be nice if the remote on which the context menu has been opened would be preselected.

I found myself more than once almost pushing to the wrong remote.

Alternatively, there should be an entry in the context menu named "push to this remote".

After all that's why it is called a context menu, because it should respect the context. Other context menus of SmartGit use that logic.

Blame Window VCR Controls for Navigating Commits

Steve James 8 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 8 years ago 1

It would be very helpful to have some "VCR Controls" (arrow buttons) in the Blame window to navigate between commits.

Export/Import settings and/or better `git push/clone` my SmartGit settings to my repo.

kyb 8 years ago 0

It would be very nice to save SmartGit settings as Git/Hg repo. And simple buttons Export and Import in Settings dialog is very useful when working on several machines or OSes

Declined

Make "Output" window an editable terminal

Alireza 8 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 8 years ago 2
Declined

Use Qt for the GUI to improve rendering and accessibility

dfgbefrgb 8 years ago updated by Seb D 7 years ago 1
Completed

Support signing git commits

Marcus Ilgner 8 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 8 years ago 3

When creating a commit, add a checkbox that enables signing commits with GPG, just like using `git commit -S`.