Share your ideas on how to improve SmartGit!

This is no support platform! To report bugs or request support, please contact us directly. If in doubt ask us.

First search for a similar request and add your votes or comments there.

Take the time to describe your request as precise as possible, so users will understand what you want.

Follow the stackoverflow.com writing guidelines.

Thank you for your help!

Check Out: optionally fetch first

Dave O 3 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 3 years ago 0

Check Out has the wonderful feature of offering Fast-Forward Merge if there are remote commits available.  But if SmartGit hasn't fetched for awhile, checking out a branch won't know to avail you of that offer.

An even more common scenario (for me) is pushing a feature branch, using a merge request in GitLab to merge it to a CI branch, and then checking out the CI branch.  You've just merged it, so there are definitely changes on the CI branch to merge into the local copy.

These cases would both be solved if Check Out did a Fetch first, just like Pull does.

Branch-specific commit prefix

Ruslan Zasukhin 6 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 6 years ago 0

When create a new branch, add one more textfield Branch Prefix.
So I can type here, for example, "UniversalSet".
Then each my commit to this branch get automatically prefix [UniversalSet]:

TODO save this to remove GIT server also, so other developer commits also will be prefixed.

yes possible todo prefs:  Add Branch Prefix.

yes it can be empty

Declined

Notify when TODO items are found in code

woltman 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 5 years ago 6

I'd like for a notification to pop up when committing code that has TODO comments in it. IntelliJ's git plug-in does this. It looks through all the code you're about to commit and if it sees any TODO comments, it says something like "You've got outstanding TODO items, are you sure you want to commit this code?" and it lists the file name, line number, and the contents of the TODO note.

The feature can be disabled if it bothers the user, but I really like having it as a reminder.

Completed

Commit: option to select/deselect all files in the Commit dialog table

Мишко Владимир 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 5 years ago 7

Have an option to checkout branch automatically after fetching that branch using "Fetch More..."

Fenn 7 years ago 0

I've fallen victim multiple times fetching a branch from my remote repository (right click origin > "Fetch More") and committing to what I think was the branch I just fetched. In reality, I forgot to double click the branch after fetching it which to me seems redundant. It'd be nice to have a checkbox with a default option of "checkout after fetching branch"

Completed

Log window should be the main window

Rui Castro 8 years ago updated by Marc Strapetz 6 years ago 5

Log window should be the main window.

The current unstaged and changed files should be visible in the log view.

It should be possible to stage/unstage/commit files in the log view.

Integration with SublimeText

Matej Kloska 8 years ago 0

It would be nice to synchronize bidirectionally SublimeText projects with SmartGit repos. If I have project in Sublime, I'd like to see it as repo (if git initialized) and if I have repository in SmartGit I'd like to quickly switch between project based on repos in Sublime.

Order files by how much changes were made.

soulkey4 7 years ago updated by Thomas Singer 7 years ago 1

Image 177would be nice to have identifier how many lines of code changed in file

sincronize all branchs one click

Ricardo D. Quiroga 7 years ago 0

In one click sincronize with the server all server branch